November is upon us, and for retailers, it’s time to start preparing for the holidays. Whether you sell technology gadgets, pet supplies, clothing, or fashion accessories, a custom lapel pin can help you make this season a smashing success.
The first step, of course, is designing and ordering a pin. You may have artwork all ready to go; in that case, you only need to send your file to the vendor. If you’re not sure what you want your pin to look like, choose a pin vendor with a full graphic department who can assist you in coming up with the perfect look and feel. You can recreate your company logo in precise detail, add your brand colors, and even include your business slogan. The sky’s the limit!
Lapel pins also come in an exciting array of shapes, styles, and materials. A reputable manufacturer can help you choose a style that’s a fitting reflection of your brand and that will appeal to your customers. Add-ons like sparkling simulated gemstones will help make your pin one of a kind. Be sure to allow enough time for your pins to be processed and shipped. A quality vendor will offer free UPS shipping and expedited delivery times.
Putting Your Lapel Pins to Work
You’ve received your shipment of custom lapel pins—now the fun begins! Here are some effective ways to integrate these tokens into your holiday marketing strategy.
- Hand out pins to your first Black Friday shoppers (e.g. the first 25 or 50) as a special “thank you.”
- Give free pins to all customers who spend over a specified amount at your store. Shoppers who accumulate a certain number of pins receive an exclusive discount on their next visit.
- Any shopper who wears their lapel pin to your store through Christmas gets an automatic “VIP” status and is entitled to a special discount on merchandise.
- Shoppers who wear pins from previous years get an added discount on top of the regular one (e.g. an additional 5%).
- Include a pin as a free gift in holiday mailings. The bulk of the envelope will pique recipients’ curiosity and increase open rates.
- If your store is new in town, hand out pins at a community festival to help spread the word about your brand and spark new customer relationships.
The beauty of lapel pins is that people wear them on display, essentially advertising your store wherever they go! It’s a terrific form of word of mouth advertising. What’s more, handing out high-quality, wearable tokens immediately sets your business apart from the rest and lays the groundwork for long-term customer loyalty.
Best of all, custom lapel pins LOOK expensive, but they’re not. In fact, you’ll be surprised at just how affordable these are (and the more you order, the less the cost per unit). If you’re looking for a budget-friendly promotional tool that generates a handsome return on investment, look no further than lapel pins!
Caryn Smith is Manager of Signature Pins. When you need custom lapel pins, visit http://www.signaturepins.com/custom-html/ today.